Simple Air Con Installation Guide
The machine must be installed correctly by a competent person according to the manufacturer's instructions.
If the unit is installed incorrectly and as a result is not operating correctly it is the responsibility of the purchaser / installer, NOT the responsibility of the reseller / wholesaler. Aircondiy accept no warranty claims that arise from incorrect / poor installations.
1. Selection of the installation position.
Guide to customer
• The unit is fitted with three pin plug and cable. compatible with normal UK domestic and three pin plug sockets.
Installation InstructionsSelection of the installation position
Indoor Unit• There is no heating and steaming source nearby.
• No obstacles for installation position from nearby.
• Keep good air circulation.
• Don’t install them near the doorway.
• Ensure that the distance between the ceiling, wall, furniture and other obstacles is as demonstrated in the picture guide.
• 2 meters high above the floor.
Outdoor Unit• If you errect a canopy to protect the unit from rain and sun do not obstruct the heating dispersion for the condenser.
• Don’t keep animals or plants near the installation location for the hot air from the outdoor unit will affect them.
• Make sure to have the distance specified in the picture between ceiling, wall, furniture and other obstacles.
• Stay away from heating source and inflammable air.
• The installation base and supporting frame should be strong and secure. The machine should be at a level surface.
Installation of the Outdoor Unit• The outdoor unit must be firmly fixed to avoid falling in strong wind.
• Install on the cement base as in the drawing.
• If it is installed at seaside or at a place high above the ground and with strong wind, the AC should be installed against the wall to ensure the normal operation of the fan and the blocking plate should be used.
• If it is an overhanging installation, the structure of the mounting wall should be made of solid, cement or materials with equivalent strength, and of sufficient support capacity. Otherwise, measures such as reinforcement, support or vibration damping should be adopted.
Installation of the Indoor Unit• First make changes to wall and make sure that is hard and secure. Using four “+” type screws to fasten the installation board onto the wall. Keep it level in horizontal direction and perpendicular in vertical direction. Otherwise it might cause water drips when air-conditioner is running in cooling operation.
• Drill 70mm diameter pipe hole at the left lower or right lower side of the installation board. The hole shall slant outward slightly.
• Hang the indoor unit to the board and make sure the machine is in the middle of the board.
• Push the machine towards the left lower and right lower side of the installation board until the hangers enter tightly into the groove (it produces “click” sound)
Check the water discharge1. Take off the frame from the unit cover. Take off the front frame for maintenance according to the following steps:
• As shown in the picture on the right, take off two
covers from the front frame and then unfasten
two fixture screws.
2. Check the water discharge
• Pour a cup of water into groove.
Pipe Connection• Connect the pipe to the unit: point to the centre of pipe and fasten the connection screw at first by hand and then by wrench until it is tightly fastened. The fastening direction is shown in the picture.
• Do not over tighten.
The fixing of pipes• Wrap up all pipe, water discharge and connection wire from top to below.
• Cover the connection parts with insulation material and fix them with two plastic rings.
• Wrap up the pipes with tape alongside the wall and fix them to the wall with clips. These steps are usually adopted when outdoor unit is installed below the indoor unit.
• In case that you want to have additional water discharge pipe, the end of pipe should be within certain distance from the floor (to prevent water from draining back into the pipe). Fix it onto the wall so it won’t be swayed by wind.
• Wrap the pipes and connection wire well from below to top.
• Wrap up the pipes that are rounded up in the way shown in the picture so it can prevent water from entering the room.
• Use clips or other fixture to fasten the pipes to the walls.
Expelling the air in the pipes and the indoor unitExpelling the air: humid air in the refrigerating system might cause trouble of compressor.
• Take off the cover from the stop
valve and T-branch valve.
All connections are colour coded.• Unscrew the screw, take off the control panel cover from the unit.
• Connect terminals according to colour codes.
• Screw up the control panel cover to its original place.